The 18×24″ incubator is our most popular size with Veterinarians, breeders of large dogs, and breeders medium and large sized bracycephalic dogs. Almost half of our incubators purchased by veterinarians are the 18×24 incubator. While some of our customers transport the 18×24″ incubator to a veterinary office for use in a C-section and run during the drive back home using an inverter plugged into your car–it is as two person job to move this incubator. The newborn puppies would be in the incubator for about two hours before they are sorted to those that can readily move to the whelping box and the Small for Gestational Age puppy or formerly gasping puppy that would benefit from more time in the incubator.
The 18×24″ incubator features:
- Utilizes two special construction infrared heater with encased insulation to reflect more infrared wavelengths to the puppies.
- A proportional controller reduces electricity to the heater as the internal incubator air temperature approaches set point
- A medical grade fast acting sensor
- A removable stainless steel top that is both easy to clean and makes cleaning the inside of the incubator easier
- A dense closed cell mat that absorbs radiant heat energy as stored heat energy delivery a comfortably warm surface for neonatal puppies without having electrical current near the puppies. The mat is highly moisture resistant, and has give and grip proven to help in hip development. The raised areas of the mat makes puppies more likely to sleep on their back and sides–reducing “flat chestedness” that can happen in come breeds
- A glass enclosure the offers excellent visibility, is easy to disinfect, and is important to create the thermal gradient puppies need
The 18×24″ incubator is a large safe place to keep puppies warm between whelpings and feedings. When you get puppies warm and dry in an oxygen rich environment, they feed better. This leads to better processing of nutrition and a stronger immune system. Veterinarians have found that puppies feed better coming out of a C-section when using the Puppywarmer system.
Veterinaries should use the Pro Series Oxygen Concentrator for the 18×24″ incubator. Breeders could choose the Standard or the Pro Series incubator depending on other uses they may have.