18 x 18 Incubator
The 18×18″ incubator is our most popular size with breeders and rescue groups. A favorite among Meduim and larger breeds, the 18×18″ incubator can still be transported to a veterinary office for use in a C-section and run during the drive back home using an inverter plugged into your car. Also a favorite of rescue groups, service dog animal groups and veterinarians, the 18×18 is powerful and versatile. 12 newborn golden retriever puppies fit in the 18×18″ incubator. It is a little cozy, but you could put a couple more in. The newborn puppies would be in the incubator for about two hours before they are sorted to those that can readily move to the whelping box and the Small for Gestational Age puppy, Cleft Palate or formerly gasping puppy that would benefit from more time in the incubator.
The 18×18 incubator features:
- Utilizes a special construction infrared heater with encased insulation to reflect more infrared wavelengths to the puppies.
- A proportional controller reduces electricity to the heater as the internal incubator air temperature approaches set point
- A medical grade fast acting sensor
- A removable stainless steel top that is both easy to clean and makes cleaning the inside of the incubator easier
- A dense closed cell mat that absorbs radiant heat energy as stored heat energy delivery a comfortably warm surface for neonatal puppies without having electrical current near the puppies. The mat is highly moisture resistant, and has give and grip proven to help in hip development. The raised areas of the mat makes puppies more likely to sleep on their back and sides–reducing “flat chestedness” that can happen in come breeds
- A glass enclosure the offers excellent visibility, is easy to disinfect, and is important to create the thermal gradient puppies need
For natural births, breeders use the 18×18 as a warm and safe place for the puppies between whelpings and feedings.
Choose our standard oxygen concentrator for the 18×18″ incubator. Veterinarians would likely choose the Pro Series oxygen concentrator.
Get puppies warm and dry in an oxygen rich environment and they will have stronger first feedings, process food better and develop a stronger immune system. Veterinarians have notice stronger first feedings coming out of a C-section with Puppywarmer systems.